Do You LOVE or HATE New Year Resolutions?
I tend to find like marmite, garlic or someone packing your bags at the supermarket, people either love or hate the concept of making new year’s resolutions.
Working with hundreds of people through relationship issues, there is often one in a couple one who loves to plan, organise and schedule and the other who likes to let life happen and just be open for the journey. Neither is better or worse, just different ways of approaching life and both have plus points…
In 2016, so much was changing for me, that half way through the year, I ditched my new year goals. I then set myself compelling life principles to live by. The following 4 quotes sum up what my philosophy to work, relationships and life became, and beliefs that supported me in the months leading up to now.
Supportive Wisdom for 2016
1. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney
2. It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. A. Lincoln
3. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuhr
4 You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Steve Jobs
They served me well.
They helped me get through rough days, or gain perspective when my ego was crushed, they also helped me see the beauty in life and myself.
Slowly they have become part of me and the way I look at the world. So I am going to keep them and add 4 new for 2017. Here they are…
Supportive Wisdom for 2017
1. Following the path of truth and complete self-honesty is not easy, but it is the only way to live an authentic meaningful life. Acknowledge your resentments and fears. Make amends for any selfishness or harm caused to others, so you can experience pure peace, freedom and bliss. To me love me. Nicola Beer
2. Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world. Joel A. Barker
3. “If you are busy focusing on the falling bricks, you will never realize that they are truly stepping stones you need to cross over to the next phase of your life. Kemi Sogunle.
4. “Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it-then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.” Scott Peck
Of the 8, which do you like best? Any? None? What quotes, or principles are important for you? What will serve you to remember in 2017? I’d love to hear from you. – let me know and I will post them anomalously on my blog.
Well, that’s it for today, thank you so much for being here with me, it is an honour to say goodbye to 2016 and welcome in 2017 with you.
From my heart to yours, Nicola
Marriage & Divorce Transformation Specialist
+971 50 94 54 233
Contact or find out more about me at www.nicolabeer.com
P.S A new feature for 2017 will be more gifts from experts on love, health, happiness, productivity, success – so we can all keep growing together. Be sure to stay on my email list, if you are opening to receiving new wisdom from me and other specialists. I know I am. The more I seem to learn, the more I realise I don’t know. 🙂 Lol! x
Nicola Beer – Founder of Save My Marriage Program an alternative to marriage counselling in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Internationally. Giving practical relationship advice, relationship counseling and tips for solving marriage problems and stopping divorce. Get your FREE E-BOOK 7 Secrets to Saving Your Marriage https://training.nicolabeer.com/7-secrets-marriage and learn how to become closer, increase your happiness and stop divorce.
If Divorce has already been decided get support for you and your children here www.purepeacecoaching.com
Dubai, Abu Dhabi and International Relationship Support An Alternative to Marriage Counseling